Releasing an update
Steps to release a new version
It's a good practice to use semantic versioning that is a universal and widely used way of software versioning. It contains three components, in the format of
- Major version when you make incompatible API changes.
- Minor version when you add functionality in a backward-compatible manner.
- Patch version when you make backward-compatible bug fixes.
[Item(ID, Name = "Sample Indicator", Version = "1.1.0")]
To create a distribution file, please follow the steps below that are different for each trading platform.
- 1.Navigate to Automate tab in the left sidebar
- 2.Select an indicator/robot you wish to export
Build(Do NOT use
Build with Source Codewhich would make your code unprotected!)
- 1.From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Export > NinjaScript Add-On… to open the “Export NinjaScript” dialog window
- 2.Select the option “Export as compiled assembly”
- 5.Select all of the files required, including
References – PoshTrader.Authorand press
- 6.A list of all files that will be exported will be shown
- 7.Press the
Exportbutton to export the selected files
- 8.A file dialog will open where you can choose the location to create your distribution file.
PoshTrader.Author.dllto the exported archive file.
The last step is updating product details listed on the marketplace.
Editon the product you are updating
- 3.Update Download File by uploading the new one
- 4.Change product Version to match Item Attributes of the file uploaded
- 5.Add details about what changed in the Changelog
SUBMITto save changes